Artisan Restoration is hiring a Crew Leader!
- Organization Name: Artisan Restoration, LLC
- Website: www.artisanrestorationmn.com
- About Our Organization: Artisan Restoration restores, designs and creates new homes using reclaimed historic log cabins and barns. We also provide on-site maintenance.
- Reports To: Owner – Mark Johnson
- Job Location: Kasota, MN
- Hours/Week: Full-Time
- Starting Salary: $20.00 – $24.00 USD/Hour
Restoration of historic and new log homes. Providing services to log home owners to assist in maintaining their homes. Responsible for the over all direction, coordination, and evaluation of the crew.
- Supervise and train crew
- Remove finish by chemical strippers and media blasting
- Wood replacement with epoxy and matching wood
- Caulking and chinking – (caulk gun and machine applied)
- Treating logs
- Apply Top coat and base coating
- Painting and staining
- Operation of chainsaw, other power and hand tools
- Site clean-up and Other tasks as needed
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Regularly working in outdoor weather conditions
- Work day up to 10 hrs – 4 days a week (additional time may be needed based on project)
- Some weekend work may be required for travel
- Travel to job sites which may result in overnight stays (expenses, lodging and per diem package)
- Work is often physically demanding
- Climbing stairs and ladders and operating in tight and awkward spaces at times
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to work on scaffolding and at high levels (not afraid of heights)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Painting experience helpful but not required.
- 1 – 2 years experience in remodel or restoration construction
- Prior experience with log construction desirable but not required (training will be provided)
- Travel required (Expenses, lodging and per diem)
- Basic Power and hand tool usage experience including how to read a tape measure.